Kodisher Solutions ltd is glad to announce that its property management system is now fully integrated with Mpesa -paybill. Our innovative new product will make it easy and convenient for landlords and property agents to collect rent and manage tenant accounts through our extensive integration with Safaricom’s M-pesa platform.
M-pesa’s 21 million subscribers can now use m-pesa to pay and receive rent and have those transactions managed efficiently through our property management platform. Hopefully this will make lives easier for tenants who no longer have to queue for long hours in banking halls to pay rents. It will also be a boon for landlords who no longer need to spend many hours (sometimes days) reconciling deposit slips, debts and other charges.
Our fully system can run at two levels: full automation and half automation. In full automation, the system once set up, receives money from the tenant and updates their accounts. It then remits automatically to the landlord account every fortnight. A detailed collections report is sent to the property manager with every remittance. Tenants who delay payments are also politely reminded via sms.
Half automation is also available for property managers who want to maintain direct cash and bank collections which are later uploaded to the Kodisher platform. Kodisher has extensive cash handling processes that can help your agency monitor the monies it collects to the last coin
This is what you will need to do to collect rent via mpesa on Kodisher
- First, you need to create an account on kodisher’s online platform at https://kodisher.com
- The system will ask for your details and then save them. You will recieve an email confirmation that your account is live.
- After that, you can log into Kodisher to load your properties and units. You will also need to upload tenants and the leases you have signed with them
- Step three above can also be fulfilled manually or automatically via the details on this page: https://manage.kodisher.com/account/import_tenants (log in required)
- Kodisher will automatically assign a unique houseID to every unit
- After that, you will need to fill this form https://kodisher.com/account/verification (log in required)
- Kodisher will review your request. If necessary your account manager will reach out to you for more information. Once approved, we will issue you with a unique paybill number and your tenants cans start using the m-pesa to pay rent.
After the account is created, a property manager can log in to Https://kodisher.com at anytime to see collections in real time. The paybill collections work smoothly with tenant accounts and the property manager is able to see at any time who has paid how much, what accounts are outstanding, total money in their paybill etc.
Property managers can choose to receive paybill collections to their bank account weekly or bi-weekly. Property managers who collect rents on behalf of landlords can also use the system to remit collections to landlords directly less their commissions.
How tenants will interact with the platform
- Tenant loads M-Pesa > Lipa na M-Pesa > Paybill > 000000 > Account no. HouseID> Amount > Send > Enter Pin Number
*(000000 Kodisher will assign a unique paybill for each property manager/landlord)
- Kodisher paybills are configured not to accept money without an ‘Account No.’ Always take care to enter it properly.
- Tenant receives Notification from M-Pesa
- Tenant receives notification from Kodisher
- Tenant account is updated with new payment.
- Rent receipt generated by Kodisher and sent on email to the tenant
On the manager side
- property manager can see who paid how much
- he can generate tenant account statements
- he can monitor their paybill accounts
- can monitor cash and bank accounts
- can follow up with late payments offline