At Kodisher, we are always looking for ways to improve the efficiency of property management processes. One of the ways of doing that is to automate rental payments with digital payment methods. We have integrated our property management software platform with Mpesa which is the most widely used mobile money payment platform in Kenya. This help innovative property management companies reconcile tenant accounts easily and affordably. We have also included automatic SMS reminders and receipt confirmation after rent payment.
Online rent payment makes it easy for both the property manager and the tenant to have an simple process and clear documentation. The tenant can deposit money to their mobile money accounts and immediately pay rent. Corporates can also pay from paybill to paybill. All the rent money remains under your property management company or landlord paybill account at at all times. Our solution is already being used by many rental property manager show find it easy and convenient for themselves and their tenants.
First, you need to create an account at Kodisher for managing your properties.
This is straight forward;
- First, you need to create an account on kodisher’s online platform at https://kodisher.com
- The system will ask for your details and you will receive an email confirmation that your account is live.
- After that, you can log into Kodisher to load your properties and units. You will also need to upload tenants and the leases you have signed with them
- Step (3) above can also be fulfilled manually or automatically via the details on this page: https://manage.kodisher.com/account/import_tenants (log in required)
- Kodisher will automatically assign a unique houseID to every unit
Kodisher now offers two convenient options to collect rent with MPesa.
- We can connect to your paybill account
- We can connect your your bank account
With your own Paybill Account
If you already have a Paybill number with Safaricom, Kodisher can connect to that Paybill and connect it your property management profile on Kodisher. It will facilitate automated reconciliation for rental payments in your property management account. This is ideal for any property manager that already has its own paybill account. It is also possible for any person or company in Kenya to easily acquire a paybill account. There is more information about getting a paybill number from the Safaricom website here: https://www.safaricom.co.ke/personal/m-pesa/lipa-na-m-pesa/paybill or from your local bank.
For this, you need to:
- Obtain a paybill account from Safaricom or from your bank
- Log in to the Mpesa portal (https://org.ke.m-pesa.com/) with your credentials
- Create a new web user for your paybill with permissions to handle C2B requests/notifications
- Inform us at email@example.com
- In this step Kodisher will create the linkages between your Profile with us and the Safaricom paybill
- We’ll inform you once the account is set up
- Your tenants will make payments for their houses via paybill and records will linked with the property management platform
- You monitor payments as you wish
This is how tenants will interact with the platform
- Tenant loads M-Pesa > Lipa na M-Pesa > Paybill > 000000 > Account no. HouseID> Amount > Send > Enter Pin Number
*(000000 is your paybill number)
- Kodisher paybills are configured not to accept money without an ‘Account No.’ Always take care to enter it properly.
- Tenant receives Notification from M-Pesa
- Tenant receives notification from Kodisher
- Tenant account is updated with new payment.
- Rent receipt generated by Kodisher and sent on email to the tenant
The team at Kodisher is available to help you through this process to enhance your real estate services. Reach us any time for support here